brack Made with My Cool Signs.Net

Monday, October 20, 2008

Candy Land to the Rescue

This morning started out a little rough. There was quite a bit of grumbling, whining, and picking on little sister. I will admit I was a little tired and grumpy myself, but I was determined to start off this week on a good foot. After reading several books with Isaac I determined we needed something "different" to do. We settled on a classic. Candy Land. I worried just for a minute that Candy Land is too girly, but decided it's more educational than girly.... This is a game I've played a kajillion times with Bethany.....but, to be honest I don't think Isaac has EVER played it.

He decided to be the red gingerbread man. "Reds my favrit culur" is a proclamation I hear often.

He played remarkably well!!! He took turns and followed my directions to the T. Needless to say, he skunked me 3-0!!

Thank the Lord for Candy Land and the distraction it provided today. It completely steered our day in the opposite direction than it started out.

1 comment:

~Stevie~ said...

I needed Candy Land yesterday. Dang it! Maybe I'll think of it next time... ;)