brack Made with My Cool Signs.Net

Friday, September 19, 2008

Isaac the Leader

Who could not be proud when their child is called a leader?

Isaac began "pre-school" this week. After much consideration we decided that Isaac (we) may need some transition time into next year's 5 days a week/all day long pre-school. Thankfully, one of our local churches just began a Mom's-Day-Out. So... it's only 2 days a week and only 4 hours, but it's something. And I'm thinking something has to be better than nothing when it comes to this transition time.

Isaac is one cool cat. I just sprang the idea on him.

"Isaac you want to go to school?"

"Yea Mom, today?"

"No not till Tuesday."

"Okay tomorrow is Tuesday. Okay."

He had no worries, not even questions surprisingly.

Tuesday morning. We arrive with our backpack and new Lightning McQueen lunch box. He's still cool with everything.... He spys a friend from our church and takes off into a classroom.



I'm still standing outside talking to his teacher and a few other moms and I see him poke his head out. I'm thinking, "Oh no, here come the tears" Nope. This is what I get. "Mom quit talking, you go" So I leave.



My first day without Isaac ends up being pretty busy so I don't worry about him at all. But when 12:30 comes around and its time to pick up. I'm thinking I hope he was good, I hope he was good. Hopefully no wrestling moves were pulled, or no popping of the underwear led to timeouts. To my great satisfaction and pride too. I was told "Isaac was a leader! He set a good example for the others. He's a Mom's-Day-Out PRO" Hallelujah. I'm so proud of my boy!



Here are a few pics of Isaac on his first day of MDO or "my school" as he lovingly calls it.


2 comments:

John Andrew Reasnor said...

Good pics, liz. Well done.

Shawna Byrd said...

Its a wonderful thing when they actually want you to go, but its still kind of sad. So glad he liked "school"! Being a leader will be of great benefit later on!